Project and Staffing Tool
- The Air Traffic Organization (ATO) within the FAA, comprises of Air Traffic Controllers, Technicians and Support Staff for a total of approx. 30,000 employees. The Year budget for payroll alone is approx. $5.4 Billion. This makes up approx. 72% of the overall ATO budget.
- Since the FAA cannot afford to be short of payroll funds, it has always been cautious with payroll projection. It was generally acceptable to project approx. 2% over in order to be safe. However, a 2% variance means that over $100M dollars are being held and cannot be invested in other infrastructure improvement projects
- Over 1.8 million lines of payroll data generated every pay period (26 pay periods in a year).
- Air Traffic Controllers, Technicians and Support Staff have different hiring and retirement rules and regulations.
- Pay raises and benefits vary depending on population type, grade and location.
- Accurately calculate hiring cost by using previous year trends.
- Accurately project attrition for Air Traffic Controllers, Technicians and Support Staff base on retirement requirements and trends from previous years.
- Project cost of overtime based on past trends, future traffic projections and current staffing level.
- Automate the whole process using algorithms and processing techniques developed at BPAS.
- Develop tool using .Net and Oracle
- Improved projection accuracy to approx. 0.5%.
- Provides detailed staffing and payroll reports and dashboards down to the directorate level.
<< Back to Case Studies
Request A Call