Operational Cost Methodology
- Technical Operations Service Units lacked a standardized way of calculating operational costs of the 40,000 NAS facilities/systems.
- Identified data elements for direct and indirect costs
- Used authentic data sources (DELPHI Payroll, NDC, FSEP, and Program Office Cuff records)
- Attributed facility costs using location ID and Facility type available from above data sources
- Developed a standard repeatable approach that could be applied to all Facility types
- Validated cost methodology with ATO-Finance and pilot facility representatives
- Extracted data from data sources and apply approved methodology
- Performed audit check to ensure fair and equitable allocation of costs
- Baselined Operations Cost Methodology process
- Methodology to produce standardized costing reports available by Directorate, facility, task or circuit for direct and indirect cost.
- Methodology reviewed and approved by ATO Finance.
- Methodology used for several responses to congressional inquirie
<< Back to Case Studies
Request A Call