BPA Services, LLC is seeking a Data Scientist/Software Developer who will support our client with analyzing and processing data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find trends and predict outcomes. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. The candidate must also have experience with Microsoft .NET, Agile methodologies, Mathematics and Statistics as well as a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Design and develop new software components using Microsoft .NET
- Supporting the Certification & Accreditation (C&A) process including technical review of documentation and implementation of fixes based on security scans
- Work with large volume of data to provide statistical and mathematical projection
- Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Mine and analyze data from multiple databases to drive optimization
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase accuracy of predicted outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship required by federal contract
- Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, other IT degrees are required. Engineering, math, and science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees
- Experience with probability and statistical analysis
- 10+ Years of Relevant Experience, advanced degrees may be substituted for experience
- Certification such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MTA, MCSA, MCSD App Builder) or Oracle Database Certifications
- Experience using Microsoft.NET, Oracle Databases, GitHub
- Effective communication skills
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Science and Engineering, other IT degrees
- 10+ Years of experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.